Top 6 places to start your ESL teaching career
Teaching English as a second language, or ESL, is a great way to travel the world and immerse yourself in different cultures. Not only can you share your knowledge and skills, but you can also learn from your students and the communities where you teach. In this blog post, we’ll explore some of the top places to teach ESL around the world.
- China is one of the most popular destinations for ESL teachers, and for good reason. The demand for English teachers is high, and the pay is generally good. There are also a wide variety of teaching opportunities, from teaching young children to university students and adults. In addition, China has a rich history and culture, with many fascinating sites to explore during your time off.
- South Korea is another popular destination for ESL teachers, especially those looking for a modern and developed country with a strong economy. The pay is generally good, and many schools offer benefits such as free housing and airfare reimbursement. South Korea also has a strong emphasis on education, so you may find that your students are motivated and eager to learn.
- Japan is a unique and fascinating country with a rich culture and history. As an ESL teacher in Japan, you may have the opportunity to teach a wide range of students, from young children to adults in business settings. While the cost of living can be high, the pay is generally good, and Japan offers a high standard of living with excellent healthcare and public transportation.
“With languages, you are at home anywhere.”
– Edward De Waal
- Thailand is a popular destination for ESL teachers looking for a more relaxed and affordable lifestyle. The demand for English teachers is high, and the cost of living is relatively low. In addition, Thailand is known for its friendly people, delicious food, and stunning beaches.
- Spain If you’re looking to teach ESL in Europe, Spain is a great option. With a high demand for English teachers and a relatively low cost of living, you can enjoy the country’s beautiful beaches, delicious cuisine, and rich history and culture. Spain also offers a high standard of living with excellent healthcare and public transportation.
- The United Arab Emirates, and in particular Dubai, is a popular destination for ESL teachers looking for a high salary and luxurious lifestyle. While the cost of living can be high, the pay is generally excellent, and many schools offer benefits such as free housing and airfare reimbursement. In addition, the UAE is a modern and cosmopolitan country with a diverse population and many interesting cultural sites to explore.
In conclusion, there are many great places to teach ESL around the world, each with its own unique advantages and challenges. Whether you’re looking for a high salary, a relaxed lifestyle, or a chance to explore new cultures, there’s sure to be a destination that’s right for you.
Sign up for one of our upcoming TESOL courses. Places limited!